Considered as the economic heart of Brazil, São Paulo has recently been elected the most influent metropolis in Latin America. But the global and cosmopolitan capital of São Paulo is not made only of business. Always in the forefront, setting trends, habits and styles, Sampa, as it was nicknamed, offers countless options of culture, entertainment and gastronomy, being at the same level of the biggest metropolis in the world.
All the numbers related to São Paulo are impressively huge:
- Over 11 million people, coming from several regions of Brazil and the world, live in the capital of São Paulo.
- Paulistana population is made of descendents from over 70 different nationalities, and the influence of its immigrants is clearly expressed in architecture, typical feasts, universal cuisine and some traditional districts. The whole world fits here.
- Thanks to its over 30 thousand restaurants and bars, São Paulo is entitled as the “World Capital of Gastronomy”.
- There are over 400 options of theaters and movie-theaters. The cultural diversity is exhibited in over 120 museums.
- São Paulo vibrant nightlife has options for all types, tastes and pockets. São Paulo never stops.
There is no lack of stimuli and attractions in the Paulista capital. Besides hosting internationally known events, such as Carnival, São Paulo Fashion Week, Formula 1 GP Brazil, and Restaurant Week, São Paulo daily offers countless things to see and do, no matter what your preference is. But, amongst thousands of possibilities (we are not exaggerating), some tours, programs, and places are a must.